If you don’t have a food processor yet, now’s the time to get one. If you don’t have a food processor, mince the apples really fine and mix everything in a bowl with a hand mixer or a spoon. This oatmeal is pretty darn convincing, but room temperature. I just made a week’s worth of breakfast I can just grab from the fridge and which is going to give me extra time trying to wrangle my spastic puppy every morning.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1 cup egg whites
1 heaping Tablespoon coconut oil
3 Tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 Tablespoons golden raisins
1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. After its hot, add the coconut oil and let it melt.
2. Add the egg whites and gently stir just until they are fully cooked, but don’t let them brown. Put the egg whites in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
3. While the egg whites are chilling, puree the apple (skin on), almond butter and cinnamon in a food processor until smooth and blended, stopping twice to scrape down the sides and make sure there are no chunks.
4. Add the egg whites to the mixture in the food processor and puree together.
5. After everything is well blended, put in a bowl and stir in the chopped walnuts and raisins.