After my coconut curry, this is my second favorite Gourmaleo recipe. I don’t know if it’s the crunch, or the salt, or the comfort food factor but this one is a big win. It’s a very basic recipe with few ingredients and easy technique. Enjoy!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Pecan Crusted Baked Chicken
3 skinless chicken breasts
1 cup raw pecans halves
3 Tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon almond milk
1. Line a sheet pan with foil.
2. In a food processor, pulse the pecans, coconut flour, salt, pepper and cayenne until all ingredients are mixed together and the pecans resemble really coarse cornmeal. Put this mixture in a bowl large enough to hold a chicken breast.
3. In a second bowl, beat the egg and almond milk together.
4. Take the first chicken breast and dip it in the egg mixture, covering all sides. Then put it in the pecan mixture, coating it well on all sides.
5. Put the coated chicken breast on the foil-lined sheet pan.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining chicken breasts and put the sheet pan in the oven for about 25-30 minutes (depending on how large they are), flipping the chicken breasts over about halfway through.