I’m a big late-night snacker… crunchy things like dehydrated apple chips and pistachios usually keep me satisfied while I’m watching re-runs of Roseanne (don’t hate), but I needed some variety and I’m sure I can always use more veggies in my life. I’ve purchased kale chips from the store but I thought they tasted like prison food, so I wasn’t hopeful about making my own. Imagine my surprise when I tasted one and immediately scarfed a whole bowl. Crazy addictive snack time, and super easy to make.
Spicy Kale Chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
1 bunch of kale
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Rinse the kale and cut off the the stems.
2. Cut the kale into larger-than-bite-sized pieces (they’ll shrink in the oven).
3. Pour the olive oil in a large bowl and add the kale.
4. Rub the kale together with your hands, making sure to coat each piece thoroughly.
5. Place the kale 2 sheet pans, making sure the pieces don’t overlap. If you have a cooking rack to fit on the pans, put the kale on the rack.
6. Sprinkle the kale with as much salt and chili powder as you’re comfortable with.
6. Bake for 10 minutes if baking on a rack, or 12 minutes if the kale is directly on the sheet pan.